December 9, 2013 |
Conventional wisdom used to be that you shouldn’t even try to sell your home during the busy holiday season or, for that matter if you are a buyer that it’s not an ideal time to be looking — namely because there isn’t much to look at.
But with the Internet, smartphones, tablets and our always-on lifestyle, that conventional wisdom isn’t relevant any more. The reality is, the home buying season is now year-round.
Here’s why you should consider listing your Bergen County home during the holidays, or even in January.
- Serious buyers are always looking and with the accessibility of inventory on the Internet the market is always “on”
- Inventory and competition are usually low – making your home stand out and more attractive to those serious buyers that are out there looking
- You can price your home more aggressively not having to respond to over-inflated values,
- If your home has been on the market for a while , it’s time to take action, and the year-end holidays can be a great opportunity to shift course & dramatically reducing the price
Here’s why you should considerbuying your Bergen County home during the holidays, or even in January.
- The obvious reason – less competition – in the heated Bergen County and Tenafly markets multiple bids have been commonplace lately and buying during the holiday season and January can put you in a better bargaining position.
- Faster mortgage processing – as lenders are less busy the approval process should be faster allowing you for quicker closing
- Asking prices are usually lower
- Sellers that have their homes listed during this season are serious about getting their houses sold and may be more negotiable.